Spiritual Formation for All Ages
Sunday School: Children of all ages are welcome to Luther Place’s Sunday school ministry; 9:15-10:15 am! We meet in the Chapel at 9:15 am Sunday mornings (September through May). We gather together for music with Mr. Jeremy and prayer with Ms. Krista. After opening, we split off to a variety of classrooms for our educational time.
Classes are available for ages:
- 2-4 year olds (+ parent/guardian)
- 5-7 year olds
- 8-11 year olds
- Confirmation (7 & 8th graders)
- High School students
Our staffed nursery is available for children under the age of 2.
For more information about our Sunday School ministry, contact Krista Sickert-Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Spiritual Formation: Sundays, we gather at 9:15 am in the Library to talk about issues important to our faith and to make connections between our faith and our lives outside of church. We explore topics that are relevant to the development of our spiritual lives; topic suggestions are encouraged. All adults are welcome, for more information contact Pastor Karen at email@example.com.
Small Groups: Looking to grow spiritually and build relationships at Luther Place? Join a small group! Contact Pastor Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
Men’s Breakfast: This group gathers monthly to share a meal and fellowship; contact Jeff Serfass at email@example.com.
20s/30s Spiritual Formation: Our young adults have regular opportunities for fellowship and to explore spirituality. A great way to stay connected is to join our facebook group. For more information contact Vanesa Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rolling Ridge Retreat Center: We offer opportunities for retreat at the Rolling Ridge Retreat House on 1400 acres of forest in West Virginia multiple times a year. The site includes an art cottage, a meditation chapel and a labyrinth. Individual, family and group retreat options are available.
Spiritual Growth Resources: we suggest the following resources for cultivating your spiritual life:
- Pray-as-you-go: daily prayer, scripture, & centering devotion downloadable on your electronic device produced by Jesuit Media Initiatives.
- Monasteries of the Heart: scripture reflections, spiritual practices, online conversations, and thoughts from Sister Joan Chittister, a Benedictine nun and spiritual leader.
- Inward/Outward-seeking the depths: daily thoughts sent to your e-mail inviting you to slow down and ponder, a project of the Church of the Saviour.
- Living Lutheran: Martin Luther said, “Our faith is a living, busy, mighty, active thing.” Living Lutheran invites you to share in the sense of purpose that our faith brings to our lives through a variety of online publications.