Luther Place is a vibrant community with ministry opportunities for all! At the heart of our ministries is our belief that spiritual formation is deeply rooted in community. We believe that church is more than a Sunday ritual; it is an opportunity to engage in community that helps us to engage in daily spiritual growth and to live out the Gospel call to challenge injustice in our lives, neighborhoods, nation and the global world.
Our ministries are rooted in living out the following Vision:
In 2017, Luther Place will be a community that looks and feels like God’s kingdom in its beautiful expansiveness, where all are called into relationship with Jesus Christ and one another. In this place we will use our gifts to act in the world and build the beloved community.
- Worship attracts and gathers a range of people with various services and styles, engaging the community in a depth of traditional practices and creative endeavors.
- Spiritual Growth is how we are formed as disciples of Jesus Christ, embracing scripture and all opportunities to engage the divine, and nurturing us to contemplate, study, and question our faith.
- Justice is a public witness to our faith; we will continue our history of openness to what arrives, standing in solidarity and acting with people who are struggling, in our community, country, and world.
- Hospitality is how we- each of us- extend God’s kingdom to a dynamic and diverse city, growing our community and engaging all of God’s children, from the powerless to the powerful.
- Community Care is how we sustain a vibrant community, our intentional practice of supporting and nurturing one another in all stages of life, in celebration and sorrow.